Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Garrido
Mofafahrer
Postcode: 34119

Trip to Roma up date :-)

#1 Beitrag von Garrido » Fr Aug 24, 2012 18:34

First of all thank you all with your responses about the over heating issue. Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying this weather!
Once I've checked the oil (put some, as she was dry) and dropped the cruising speed from 180/160km/hr to 160/140 km/hr ... no more problems.
The bike doesn't like the warm weather in Italy, the German glue holding her together went soft and melted - but I managed to hold on to the parts and glued all back together again. She did not like the roman city roads neither (too jumpy for a cruiser), but other than that ... went to Rome via Lago di Garda, Trento and Florence, back to Kassel via Lucca, Bagni di Lucca, Abetone, Modena, Bologna, Prague, Dresden, Berlin ... home :-). I recommend the itinerary for anyone who enjoy long rides. However, the leg Bologna to Prague, even that I have done in one day (13 hours) I would recommend a stop half way somewhere :-).

Cheers
Ricardo

Jörch
Übernachtet im Forum
Postcode: 34225
Re: Trip to Roma up date :-)

#2 Beitrag von Jörch » Fr Aug 24, 2012 20:36

Hi Ricardo,
a very nice trip... well done (both - you... and the "G", too)! [smilie=yourock.gif]

Welcome back at Kassel (nice to read that you call Kassel your "home" - at least temporarily...)! [smilie=thumbsup.gif]

May we see some pictures of your Italy-trip here?
G-rüße aus Baunatal
[smilie=wink.gif]
Jörch

Rolf
Gepäckfix
Postcode: 90453

#3 Beitrag von Rolf » Fr Aug 24, 2012 21:32

Hi Ricardo!

Well done! [smilie=clap.gif]
I'm a little bit jealous. :wink:

Cheers - Rolf
Bild

Fürth zählt in Franken nicht, steht sogar bei Wikipedia:
Fürth in Bayern
*flöt*

closey
Ferryfix & iron butt
Postcode: 10117

#4 Beitrag von closey » So Aug 26, 2012 18:37

Hi Ricardo, its good to hear you had a nice trip. :-D

Thanks for the report,

Closey

gsxfan
Majestix
Postcode: 35463

#5 Beitrag von gsxfan » So Aug 26, 2012 19:24

Rolf hat geschrieben:I'm a little bit jealous. :wink:
Me too.... :)
Sounds like a great trip. Maybe we should call him "iron butt" with that mileage per day. :gr:
But of which glued parts are you talking?
cu Uwe
Bild

Garrido
Mofafahrer

#6 Beitrag von Garrido » Mo Aug 27, 2012 11:48

Hello All, thank you for your kind responses and no need to be jealous, I am sure you all have done even better trips ... I wish I could live permanently in Europe, amazing playground :-) ... however, my next trip, soon after I am back from London (by plane :-( ) - early to mid September, yet to be confirmed but I am deciding if I go to Budapest, Warsaw, Wroclaw etc on a ±3000km trip, or to Lisbon via a whole rip of places on a ±6000km trip :-) ... decisions, decisions, decisions ...! Anyone to join me on this one ? :-)

I will try to post some pictures soon, but last time was difficult as the site doesn't accept normal sizes.

Cheers
Ricardo

Garrido
Mofafahrer

#7 Beitrag von Garrido » Mo Aug 27, 2012 12:29

In response to the "glue" question. It is so to speak ... the only actual glue that melted was the one that holds the trimming around the carenagem (wind protector ??), the trimming kept flapping out with the speed, now is back on place. Other than that, the horns stopped, which I have just fixed, as suspected the cables came loose with the trepidation and the big one was the petrol gashing out on the side ... i pulled all apart quickly and had my finger holding the cracked tube that feeds petrol from tank into carburettor ... it was badly cracked ... a good neighbouring sole passed by and saw me there, he came back with bottles for the petrol and tools, so I cut off the damaged part and managed to place it back in place ... she is now doing over 17km/l on the road ... the specs says the tank takes 22l, but in fact it only takes 15l ;-) ...!
So, I have started the trip with no idea on how to check the oil ... now I am looking for a job in a bike shop ... assistant mechanic for now ;-) ...
cheers
Ricardo

Antworten

Zurück zu „For our foreign guests“