Moderatoren: Admins, Moderatoren

Nachricht
Autor
cole40
Mofafahrer
Postcode: 29657

Re: New to suzuki

#16 Beitrag von cole40 » So Mär 17, 2013 23:19

Thanks for your reply, So what i meant by cut off is, ill be driving around normally running great, then it will act like it runs out of gas and boggs down and turns off. Also i have noticed that the white smoke is very light in the very begining and its black after warm.

Lederclaus
Schraubfix
Postcode: 22119

#17 Beitrag von Lederclaus » Mo Mär 18, 2013 01:22

cole40 hat geschrieben:Thanks for your reply, So what i meant by cut off is, ill be driving around normally running great, then it will act like it runs out of gas and boggs down and turns off. Also i have noticed that the white smoke is very light in the very begining and its black after warm.
Could still be a carb problem...

If smoke gets black when engine gets warm the engine is running much to rich.
Prior to removing the carbs try to set pilot screws. Turn them in with a short screwdriver and count revs, notice on a piece of paper to remember. Turn them in until a light resistance occures. If you force them into their seat, you carbs are ruined!
Now turn them out 1 3/4 turns and make a testrun (8appr. 5 mls). When returning from testrun cut off engine immediately and let it cool down a bit.
Take plugs out for checking the colour on the isolator. Should be some light brown to middle dark brown.
If white or light gray, set pilot screws to 2 turns out and test again.

If plugs are still black something's wrong inside your carbs.

cole40
Mofafahrer

#18 Beitrag von cole40 » Di Apr 09, 2013 16:13

Hi again, sorry its been so long. My job got pretty busy for a while. So as for my problem now, It will run but my idle is all over the place? I tried what you said about checking the plugs and the test run but im still having issues. Im going to remove carbs again and set everything perfectly one more time and then test again. I will report back asap. [smilie=1hammer.gif]

Lederclaus
Schraubfix
Postcode: 22119

#19 Beitrag von Lederclaus » Mi Apr 10, 2013 09:45

Hi Cole, you should go on structured and not for sake of doing. This would spoil the joy for your motorcycle.

If you outline your issues here, I could lead you step by step.
Therefore would need some clear information cos my glass ball is like a bit dull in the moment :gr:

cole40
Mofafahrer

#20 Beitrag von cole40 » Mi Mai 22, 2013 19:22

Sorry, I am a little confused, what do you mean by go on structured? And Ive been playing with the gsx1100g for a few days now, my zx11 gets the majority of my riding time and the gsx is more of a project. It runs great now, but im seeing white smoke while idling. Does this mean im running too lean? Thanks

Antworten

Zurück zu „For our foreign guests“