Moderatoren: Admins, Moderatoren, Technikmod

Nachricht
Autor
Lederclaus
Schraubfix
Postcode: 22119
Re: Ein Haufen G-Altmetall

#16 Beitrag von Lederclaus » Di Nov 03, 2020 10:05

I have got a Wilbers shock in the rear of my G (sidecar-outfit). Not bad but the service is a problem. When it started oiling after two years I wanted to get it fixed on warranty (5 years). I was told to get the warranty the shock should have been sent in for service every two years for € 270. I told them my dealers price was € 260 and I would throw it away and buy one off a competitor.
Since around 10 years I sell and use YSS shocks. Reasonable price for a nearly equal product in my opinion. A YSS Mono-shock for a GSX1100G would be € 360 including VAT here in Germany (retail price), this model comes without the hydraulic spring pre load system (lack of space in the bike). But it has a 60 clicks rebound adjuster.
You should find YSS shocks in your country, I guess.
Bild

I found this https://yssaustralia.com.au/filter?cate ... 3&type=top
It´s about exactly the same price. (AUD 599 = EUR 362)

AussieG
Mofafahrer
Postcode: 2458

Re: Ein Haufen G-Altmetall

#17 Beitrag von AussieG » Mi Nov 04, 2020 07:44

Thank you,
found that last night myself using links provided, service every 2 years 🙄, sidecars do create problems but really .
Original Suzuki shock is on it way out, very bouncy in the rear and can't handle 2 up at all. Just been for a 120km ride 2 up today on the Bandit and all sweet. Considering it's a 07 model with 50k km I wonder if one from bandit will fit. Something to chase up. Somethings just can't be kept original as from factory for ever.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Schrauberecke“